Thursday 26 June 2014

I and Eye

Walking, running, and skipping along,
My eyes are alert for things that are wrong.
That tree with a branch which hangs way too low,
Or the curb which is waiting, to stub my toe.
The cars who reverse too quick out of their drive,
Or the buzzing bees, heading back to their hives.
All of these dangers most people can tell  
Their eyes are efficient, they do their job well,
But visually impaired eyes don’t have the same circuits,
Or if they do, they are broken, not perfect.
When we look, the world’s not the same
It’s a fact of life, there is no-one is to blame.
Blurred edges and colours is the form our world takes
Resulting in other senses becoming awake,
While you can see, what I cannot,
I can hear and smell more than you lot.
So although I will probably walk into that tree,
Stub my toe, and get stung by a bee,
I will carry on, full steam ahead,
And when I am bruised, I will recover in bed. 


I hope you enjoyed my poem, so until next time remember to find the humour in whatever form is comes @klang_28

No comments:

Post a Comment